Death has always been hard for me. I have been very fortunate to have three of my four grandparents for my entire life. I lost my cute granddad in 1993 due to complications of Parkinson's Disease. Because of our weekend plans, it was up to me to bring flowers to his grave on Friday. I am not one spends much time in cemetaries. Since granddad passed away in 1993 I have probably only been back to his grave 10 or 15 times. He was one of my heroes, but to me he isn't there. I love and miss him desperately, but he isn't there. After I finished my test on Friday, I went to the store and bought some beautiful flowers. I picked this selection because my grandmother loves roses. I love the blue flowers. I have always been drawn to blue flowers and was therefore drawn to this bouquet. I do miss my grandfather and am grateful for the nearly 20 years I had with him. I am also grateful for his service to our country. He served in WWII in France. Isn't he handsome?


My other grandfather also served in WWII in Italy and was on his way to Japan when the bombs were dropped. My father was drafted and served 366 days in Vietnam. How grateful I am for those who serve so valiantly in our armed forces so that we can live in country that affords us so many freedoms.
1 comment:
Love, love Topah. What a man. And your other grandpa, too, and your dad. What men of honor. Love ya-
A
Post a Comment