Thursday, May 14, 2009

And I thought I had a Long Day

After a day shift, I typically come home just in time for family prayer. We try to say prayer together as a family every night before everyone goes to bed. With 10 in the family, it can sometimes be quite the effort to gather everyone and get them all settled (okay, it is usually only difficult to get the youngest 4 settled). The past two days have been very long days for me at work. Tonight when I came home I again made it just in time for prayers. Although I am tired, I always get a little energized and uplifted by the experience of being with my family. The boys always giggle their way up the stairs thinking it is is a fun game and then they struggle to hold still for prayers. Tonight, when JJ wouldn't hold still, Hyrum put him in the shopping cart. I think it might have been shock, but he actually held still and was completely quiet during the entire prayer. This was the look on his face when we were done. He almost looked like he had a longer day than I did. But isn't he cute? Seriously! Just love that boy!

No comments: