Thursday, July 23, 2009

Making Cookies

I haven’t spent near enough time with the girls this summer and since I took two weeks off this month, I thought it would be a perfect time to spend some extra time with the them. Today, I decided it was time to share the great secret and extremely difficult recipe for making homemade oreo cookies with the girls. I don’t bake very often, but the cookies I specialize in really are the easiest cookies in the world to make (which is why I can make them). The cookies basically have three ingredients: a devils food cake mix, eggs, and some oil. Knowing how picky Sarah is, I made sure she was totally involved in the whole mixing process. Sarah loves cake. To help prepare her for the cookies and how yummy they would be, we went through the baking instructions on the cake box. I made sure to point out that we were basically using the same ingredients as if we were making the cake minus the water. She then helped me mix the cookies and rolled out the first two trays with me.

Notice Sarah's Princess Crown. She had to wear it the whole time we were making the cookies. She can roll a mean oreo ball.

Rachel then had her turn to roll some of the cookies.

Because these are oreos, they need filling. What could be easier than frosting? Not much. So we started frosting the cookies. I even let the girls pick some colors to add some variety to the mix. They picked red because it is my favorite color. They them picked blue so we would have red, white and blue - very patriotic.

We all had fun and everyone loved the cookies.

I mean really - who can resist this? Yummy!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My mouth is watering!! I remeber when you taught us to make those - with our bare hands. :) SO FUN!