Friday, July 10, 2009

Finding Nemo

Elizabeth and I brought the girls to The Living Planet Aquarium today. It was loads of fun and the girls seemed to really enjoy it. Both girls had been to the “preview” aquarium down at the Gateway a couple of years ago, but hadn’t been to the Aquarium since it opened so we were excited to take them. We like to surprise the girls when we take them places. Elizabeth told Rachel the place we were going started with a “t”. Pretty clever I thought – t as in The. They spent the entire ride there trying to guess where we were going and never guessed it.The exhibit was awesome. Much more than I expected really. It is difficult to take pictures inside. There are many areas where you are asked not to use your flash as it will scare the fish - thus only a few pictures. The girls both loved it. Elizabeth and I both enjoyed it. Here are a few pictures from our adventure.
I have always found seahorses fascinating. They had yellow and black ones. So neat!

Here he is. We found him. Sarah made sure to tell us several times that he was there.

When I took Sarah to the preview, one of the sting rays "jumped" out at her and scared her. I was so impressed that she was being so brave.

And then.........

We were all impressed at how big some of the fish were.
Rachel could even tell us about some of the fish that were native to Utah. That Rachel is one smart cookie. (These are not the fish from Utah...silly aunt Catherine forgot to take pictures during the first part)
Here are Elizabeth and Rachel enjoying a view of the cool small poisonous frogs.

1 comment:

Lindsay Jones said...

You guys are the best aunt's ever! Isn't the aquarium fun? I need to take my kids there.