Today was so beautiful and warm. I think it hit 74 in Salt Lake City. We all spent time outside enjoying the lovely spring weather. Mom and dad have always had the most beautiful gardens. The crocuses in the front yard started blooming a few weeks ago. They are already be taking over by the poppy’s. Mom and dad recruited us to do some weeding and start pulling out the poppy’s today. With 10 of us, it doesn’t take too long to do. I guess really you can only count 8 because the little boys don’t count. If anything, they subtract a few people who get to be babysitters. The yard looks beautiful!!!!
The poppys have taken over the garden. They used to live nicely around the tree. Since they now like to live around the entire garden, mom and dad say it is time to go.
Here's the main section of the garden we worked...minus the poppy's
While we were weeding, a neighbor came over and said, "a family what weeds together stays together." All 10 of us were out there working today. Ok...8 of us were working, 2 were looking for more attention.

Because the boys don't like the texture of grass, putting them on a blanket was a great babysitter for a while. Scooter didn't mind it too much, JJ hated it. hate is a strong word, but it works well to describe the way he was acting.
Hyrum finally gave up and held J.J. for a while. So dang cute! They are getting bigger, but stilll super cute and cuddly. He even looks like he's pointing at his daddy as if to say, "look, I got my daddy."
So then Caroline got in on the action. They each had a boy on their back. Seriously cute right? I even made Elizabeth take my camera away and take some pictures of me as proof of my helping in the garden instead of just taking pictures.
1 comment:
I wish it still looked like spring. I'm ready!
Post a Comment