Growing up, the place we would go swimming was called the "Spa". Really, it is a rec. center near our middle school, but we called it the "Spa". I can't even begin to count the number of hours we spent swimming in the pool. Boy has it changed in the 15 or so years since I have been there.
All summer I have wanted to take the kids swimmin there - the boys especially. Both boys love splashing in puddles. Jonathan loves splashing in any type of water (as evidenced by our last post). Yesterday we went and bought them life vests and everything. We didn't tell the girls what we were doing until it was time to get ready. We got the boys dressed in cute little whale "splish splash" outfits and headed out the door.
The boys were so anxious to get in the water - it was so funny and so cute. The girls were off and in the pool as soon as we got there.
We got the boys dressed in their matching swim trunks - they didn't want to pose, they wanted in the water.
The life vests were a wash – they couldn’t even sit up with them on – they will fit them next summer though so we will save them for then.
We thought it would be a good idea to let them dangle their feet in the water for a minute to get used to it. Caroline jumped in to stand in the pool in front of them and the water splashed on them and it was all over after that. It led to screaming and more screaming and more screaming. This is how we spent the next 30 minutes or so. It took us quite a while to get them calmed down.
Jonathan calmed down much better than Matthew.
At least the girls had fun. Caroline was even able to get in the pool and play with the girls for a little while - here she is with Sarah.
Rachel was all over the place. On and off the diving boards, on the slides, and all over the swimming pool.

I came here all of the time when I was a kid and there was never anything this cool. The girls loved the slide - even Sarah went down it twice. Rachel is in line somewhere on the top.
I came here all of the time when I was a kid and there was never anything this cool. The girls loved the slide - even Sarah went down it twice. Rachel is in line somewhere on the top.
No comments:
Post a Comment