Sunday, August 16, 2009

Four and a Two Half Birthdays

In less than three weeks time, our family celebrates three birthdays: mine is on July 30th, Dad’s on August 13th, Hyrum’s on August 16th and Caroline’s on August 18th. The boys turn 18 months old on August 17th so we counted them as part of the celebrations today.

On my birthday we had a lovely simple party – just the way I like it. We had Papa Murphy’s izza for dinner and cupcakes furnished by my great friend Karine.

This is Jonathan enjoying pizza crusts. Seriously - it was yummy pizza.

Here are the cupcakes. Karine and I went to lunch at Noodles and Co (my favorite) and then went to Costco - she bought these for me there. They were fabulous.


Traditionally for birthdays in our, we are given money so we can buy something we want. This year I received money from grandma and grandpa, but mom and dad bought me this lovely bowl. Mom and I saw it at Spoons and Spice a few days earlier and I was admiring it but told mom I had not place to safely store it. When she gave it to me she told me it came with storage. Isn't it lovely? My dishes/kitchen is red. I think it will compliment it perfectly. I LOVE it. Last week Elizabeth and I went and had manicures and pedicures done. This was so much fun and quite relaxing – even the pedicure which is quite shocking because I hate people touching my feet. I have never been one to wear make-up or get all fancied up. Elizabeth and both had French manicures done. Seriously, I felt so fancy and pretty with them done. I loved it. Unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures of them, but plan on doing it again soon.

Now to the other birthdays. Today we celebrated dad, Hyrum and Caroline’s birthday. We had a huge BBQ with hamburgers, hotdogs and steaks. There was corn on the cob, chips and vegetables. Seriously – so much food (typical for most of our family functions). Hyrum’s parents came up from Oak City for the party so we had 15 at our house. Fun was had by all (mostly).

When we were kids and would have everyone over for holidays we would have a kids and a grown-ups table. This was the grown-ups table. Mom and dad with their parents on either side. Hyrums parents were also there. Notice al of the food. Seriously? We over do it every time.

This was the kids table. Mom even had dad put up a shade screen for us.

Matthew was having a rough day and his cute dad was trying to cheer him up. Cute Hyrum.

After we ate dinner, Jonathan found this vibrating massager "toy". He loves it when you put it on his head. I couldn't resist.

Poor Rachel got stung not once, but twice by a wasp. Once on her arm and then once on her back. Poor thing. It was her first and second sting.

Here was the best part - mom made triffle. So yummy!!! It is one of dad's favorites. We of course had chocolate cake and ice cream, but when there's triffle, triffle triumphs.

No comments: