Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Twin's First Birthday

Today was the Twin's first birthday. Seriously, I can't believe it has already been a year. I feel so blessed to have been so much a part of their first year. Really, having them and their sisters around has been an incredible blessing for me because it has kept me busy and allowed me to focus on them instead of myself. When they were born they weighed 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 pounds. Now they each weigh about 19 pounds. They are nearly walking. Scooter is much more mobile than JJ, but JJ is quickly catching up. Tonight Scooter stood in place for a full 20 seconds before he realized what he was doing and grabbed for the couch. I am sure it won't be long and he will be walking - then we really are in trouble.

Tonight was so much fun. Really, the only difference from any other day was we let them eat cake and open presents. They were so cute though the way they reacted to the cake and them the way they giggled through the presents and wouldn't hold still for pictures afterwords. Watching them confirms to me that we truly do have a Heavenly Father. How else could something so perfect come to earth with so much love and hope and courage. They are amazing and I am grateful to be a part of their lives.
(They both love spoons. I gave them spoons to help calm them down before they got their cake.) Both boys reacted the same way to the frosting. They didn't really like the slimey texture very much.
Here's JJ inspecting his cake. Again, quite unsure of the slimey frosting.
I don't think he even let one crumb go into his mouth. He sure made a mess of his cake though (and held tight to his spoon).
Here's JJ's end product. His tray looks pretty clean, but that is only because most of it is in one big chunk on the floor (again...he still has his spoon.)

Their mom gave them some cute hats. Scooter didn't care too much for wearing his (he would rather eat the tag). We had to work hard for this shot.

JJ liked his hat a little more and wasn't so camery shy when I tried to take his picture.

Here's their post-party picture. By this point Scooter was so tired he was a litle giggle monster. It was hard to get him to hold still.

Their new birthday pj's. Both giggling.

Team Work. Luckily, their fingers aren't strong enough to push the buttons on the tv. THey have, however, found the remote and changed channels on the tv during serious Mario Kart competitions and tv programs we are watching. What funny boys they are! Seriously...we are in some serious trouble though. They work together at so many things already and they hardly communicate. I can't imagine what they will get into in the next year.

No comments: