Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lessons From Great Grandpa

There are things in life that we don’t learn from our parents. I have learned countless things from my grandparents and extended family. I distinctly remember learning how to shuffle cards from my Great Uncle Keith (my Grandpa Standing's Brother). Why that sticks with me I do not know, but it does.

Today, Great Grandpa Standing taught the boys something very important……….how to stick out their tongues. Well….at least Scooter figured it out. It was so cute and so fun to watch them. From the minute they got here for the birthday party, grandpa was working on it and before they left, anytime someone would stick their tongue out, Scooter would smile and stick his tongue out. So cute!!!!!!

Here is great grandma and great grandpa with JJ. Great grandpa is trying to show JJ how to stick out his tongue. See how attentive he is being?

Scooter figured it out and is so proud of himself.


So JJ is still working on it, but this picture was so cute I had to post it. I am a lucky aunt.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I got to catch up on your blog at work tonight!!!!
I think you have a very special family. Your nieces and nephews are so loved. You guys are a great example of what a close family so be like.