Since returning from my mission in the Philippines, I have very much looked forward to the fall. In the Philippines everything is green all of the time. While I enjoyed my time there, nothing beats the beauty of fall leaves in the canyon. I was blessed to grow up at the base of two major canyons. Out my bedroom window I was able to see the leaves on the mountain change colors. I love to watch the leaves turn to their bright yellows and reds. The bright red leaves are by far my favorite.
Sarah, my niece in first grade, has an assignment due on Friday requiring her to obtain some fall leaves. So yesterday, in the 92 degree weather, we headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon to find some fall leaves. Because of the unusually warm weather this year, the leaves are being very slow to change colors. Most of the leaves we found were too difficult to get to easily, but found a fun picturesque place with a few fall leaves where we could take some pictures. Rachel still thinks she needs to pose (despite my pleas for a regular smile on her beautiful face). Sarah was just full of grins and smiles. Here are some of our pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment