Christmas is next week and I haven't updated our blog since the first of November. Not that much has changed in our lives, but it is always fun to share some of our adventures
November came and went in a flash. Thanksgiving, as always, was a time to reflect on the things we have been blessed with - which are many. We always have Thanksgiving dinner at mom and dad's house - this year was no exception. We even had Uncle Michael and Aunt Talma come from Mesa, Arizona. Here is the "Adult" table.
Here is the "kid's" table. As always there was oodles of food. Grandma Standing made the best rolls - my favorite part of Thanksgiving.
December starts with Grandma and Grandpa Standing's family Christmas party. I look forward to it every year! Here's Matthew with my cute grandpa Jack Standing. Grandpa is showing Matthew my Uncle Don's dog Ellie. Matthew LOVED the dog. He yelled and yelled and yelled at the dog repeatedly and followed him around. Ellie is so cute and old and deaf and didn't seem to mind at all.
Grandma and grandpa always have a lot of fun toys at their house. Here is Rachel and Jonathan playing with some of them.
My cute mom next to grandma and grandpa's tree.
Of course there was ice cream and cake - like grandma always has.
Grandma's birthday was a few days later so we celebrated it the same day. She was presented with an amazing gift. Here is dad, Caroline and my Uncle Don waiting for grandma to open her gift.
My grandma is so dang cute. She has macular degeneration and can't see very well. When she looked at the box she said "ohh". She couldn't tell what it was. My Uncle and Aunt joined with my Parents and gave her an iRobot Roomba. Our family's first robot.
Her first reaction - "I get to do the vaccuming again". Isn't she amazing!? I LOVE HER!!! (p.s. her reaction now after having used it, is that it is the greatest thing since flush toilets - which is saying a lot).
Are we ready for Christmas? I think so. We are having two at our house. Caroline and Hyrum are heading to Colorado with their kids to visit Hyrum's sister for the Christmas. We will celebrate Monday with them, then on Christmas Day with the grandparents. While I love this time of year and what it means, I love the opportunity it gives us to spend so much time with our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment