Thursday, December 4, 2008

the Twin's first Haircut

The boys are now nine and a half months old. Their hair continues to grow and continues to curl. As the time from their bath lengthens, the curls fade, but they are always there to some extent. Today I was playing with Scooter and his hair was kind of every which way. To be funny, I put a clip in his hair. Caroline decided that it was time to cut their hair (something she was planning on doing this week anyway).

Scooter before we started
J.J. Before we started his haircut

Scooter didn't like the feel of the cutter

J.J. had kind of a "ohhh" reaction to the vibrations feeling of the cutters.

Cutting their hair was quite the adventure. They both acted like it was painful. Like they were Sampson and they were losing their strength as they were losing their hair. When we started each of them had smiles on their faces. But this didn’t last for too long. Neither of them enjoyed the experience for too long. I took pictures at first, but ended up holding their hands and then their faces to help Caroline keep their heads a little more straight for the experience.
Scooter cried throughout his haircut. I even had to hold him while I helped with J.J.'s haircut.
J.J. didn't cooperate with holding still during any part of this experience.
Here's Scooter when we finished...so upset

J.J. was just glad the torturing was over

Caroline saved some of their curls. It was heart breaking, and cute all at the same time. It was also necessary. We can’t let their hair grow forever.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You guys are seriously brave!!! Hilarious and so cute. I'm sure the boys are over the trauma :)

Lindsay said...

I am SOOOO excited to hear from you! I hope you don't mind if i read through your blog. :) It totally made my day!!!